Thursday, June 30, 2016

You're Not You When You're Hungry [ENGLISH]

Anime Review : Ben-To

Ben-To


Ben-To

Ben-ToBen-To (2011) by David Production. This series is freakin' AWESOME. The fighting scenes are very well animated, obviously, it's a martial arts anime. But still, very awesome. The concept of fighting over half-price convinience store bento is just laughable at first, but as you progress with the story, this is something really serious apparently. Not only saving highschooler's pocket and stomach, the fighting over half priced convinience store bento resembles the 'try hard to achieve' concept, but with bento, it's somehow become comedy. I actually really like the story progression, execpt the overdosed lesbians and crossdressing in the series. I don't know what the author was thinking, but honestly, those lesbian and gay actions should be reduced (though there will be no season 2 since the series itself is not so popular). Anyway, I found a new waifu in this series which makes me think about a certain post on this blog that I haven't updated for 3 weeks but that's beside the point. So many of you guys made Shaga Ayame, the MC's cousin as waifu. To me, she's indeed a potential one. But my choice is Sen Yarizui, the Ice Witch. She's just so beautiful, and strong, and sexy too, just everything you might need. Oh yeah, she's kinda similar to Mai Kawakami. Anyway, this one is base off a light novel, and not that many anime adaptation from a LN is good like this one, so that's a plus. Fanservice is well managed, though the yuri actions are a bit too much. What lacking from this series is too few episodes and a slight romance/drama that doesn't work out. I didn't think that this anime will have a slight chance romance in the story between MC and one of the girls. I really hope they worked out on the LN though. If only they worked out in the anime, it would be awesome, and I'll definitely put this under the 'Legendary Series' category. AND if they reduce the yuri and yaoi actions, I'll give a 4/4. But too bad they didnt, so Overall score is : 3.5 / 4 Thumbs.

Character Review


Ben-To
You Satou, voiced by Shimono Hiro. He is the main character and typical of the idiot one. But honestly, I'm really glad this series is not a harem because the MC will not won anything in the end because harem male leads are pathetic. He's just too damn unlucky hero, but for some reason really strong in the battlefield. Score : A.














Ben-ToSen Yarizui, voiced by Ise Mariya. As I said, new waifu. She's kinda resembles Ouka from Koko no Uwasa ga El Palacio, it's my current favorite manga and Mai Kawakami from phantom world. But, when Ouka and Mai have a cheerful personality, Sen on the other side posses kinda gloomy and serious personality. Her eyes ir really sharp I love it. She's also strong but unexpectedly clumsy which made her got the title 'Ice Witch'. Sen is also a really caring senpai, plus point for waifu review. Score : A.











Ben-ToHana Oshiroi, voiced by Yuuki Aoi. I don't like her fujoshi personality. I like how she put comedies throughout the series by somehow narrating stuff, but leading to fujoshi's point of view, that's just oo much. Score : B.















Ben-ToShaga Ayame, voiced by Katou Emiri. She's the potential waifu that most people will pick. I personally like her too, and she likes the MC which is good. But my policy is to only get one waifu in every series, so that was a really hard decision to choose between Shaga and Sen. But I made up my mind and choose Sen as my new waifu. Sorry, Shaga. Score : A-.













Images from myanimelist.net

1 comment: